Saturday, March 31, 2007

Custom Made Software

This article that I read today was a really cool idea to read about. It basically said that there is a school in Province that has a class creating software for teachers based around individual teachers needs and curriculum. I like this idea because the teacher knows that the software that they are getting is specifically tailored to the individual teachers needs. The article went on to quote some teachers and administrators responding to the class and the software that they created. I think more colleges should be doing this. U.F. is so good about helping teachers and schools around them that they should look into this kind of class. As a teacher I can tell you that I would love to get some software that helps teach the students the curriculum.

Here is the link to the article if you want to read the article: http://www.brown.edu/Administration/ George_Street_Journal/v20/v20n30/software.html

1 comment:

Ken Capps said...

This sounds like an interesting article and an interesting topic. I tried to read the article but the link provided did not work. I like the idea of creating software based around individual teachers needs. Since not all teachers teach the exact same curriculum, this could be very beneficial. I would like to see the same capability for college instructors as well. As a chemistry instructor, I do not teach the exact same topics as other instructors so this could be helpful to me. Thanks for sharing this article.