Friday, March 9, 2007

Topic of Study

My topic of study is the use of technology in the educational field. I'm currently taking my last two classes to complete my Master's Degree. Technology is something that I really enjoy and strongly believe in. Education, in my belief, needs to get as much technology into as possible. technology can only help students learn and participate in ways that regular textbook teaching can not. Throughout my semesters, while completing my masters, I have read and learned many ideas in which I have incorporated into my classroom and in doing so I have inspire the students and help some, if not all, understand the subject matter better.

3 comments:

Joe Greaser said...

You'll need to narrow your subject considerably. A great place to start would be to concentrate on your grade level. Think of some instructional problems you have and how technology might help you solve those problems. If you need help narrowing your focus, send me an email and we'll work on it.

kevin404 said...

Hi Rick! Kevin Hurysz here. I’m in your ‘small group’ so I guess I’ll be dropping by from time to time. My blog is at http://kevin404.blogspot.com. I’m going to be blogging about the use of PowerPoint as an educational technology. Look forward to working together. --Kevin

Ken Capps said...

Hi Rick,

I look forward to reading your blog on technology in the classroom. This is an interesting article that I came upon. It focuses on important contextual factors that influence how technology is used in educational settings. I thought that you might be interested in reading this.

Ken

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/
data/ericdocs2/content_storage_
01/0000000b/80/36/07/ff.pdf